Principal Attorney, Gerald Cipolla Esq. is known as a tenacious fighter who protects his client’s interests as though they were his own.
He believes each client is unique and deserves the highest quality and customized legal services. Under his leadership and dedication, our law firm achieved an extremely high approval and clients’ satisfaction.
DePaul University | Lund University (Sweden) |
Tulane University (France)
Master of Law (LLM) in Chinese and International Law
City University of Hong Kong (China)
Licensed Lawyer since 2000
Former Law Professor at the City Colleges of Chicago
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Member of Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME)
MS Computer Science
University of Chicago
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
DePaul University | Helsinki School of Economics (Finland)
B.S. Biological Science
Gerald Cipolla Esq. is the principal attorney at the Cipolla Law Group. As an experienced immigration lawyer, he has successfully represented hundreds of immigration clients to gain their visas/green cards through either investment, employment, family or humanitarian reasons. He is also a frequent speaker and writer on U.S. immigration and is an active advocate for U.S. immigration via his articles to the media and other publications.
Diverse cultural background
Gerald has a diverse background. He studied and lived in many countries, including France and Sweden for part of his Juris Doctor degree, Finland for his MBA degree, and Hong Kong, China for his Master’s degree in Law. His personal experiences, as well as his years of experience as an Immigration lawyer instilled him a great passion for Immigration Law, enabled him to have an excellent understanding of what his clients are going through and what it’s like to be an ex pat in a foreign country. Throughout Gerald’s professional career as a lawyer, he successfully represented many business owners to bring their skilled workers to the U.S., as well representing professional individuals to obtain their permanent resident status (green card status) in the U.S.
Immigration lawyer with strong STEM and Legal background
Gerald’s legal background as an Immigration Attorney, combined with his diverse academic achievement with an MBA, MS Computer Science and Biological Sciences background enable him to competently handle complex and sophisticated business and employment based applications cases such as Investor visas such as EB-5 program and E visas, EB green cards, H-1B visa, L-1 and other related immigration matters. Gerald routinely works with sophisticated entrepreneurs, scientists, investors and other skilled professionals and has successfully represented many clients in obtaining their green cards and visas.
Exceptional knowledge and compassion
Gerald served as an Adjunct Law Professor in the City Colleges of Chicago, IL where he taught the law of Contract and Business Law. He is also an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Gerald is a strong advocate who loves working with people, listening to people, exploring and striving to deliver the best immigration solutions to their problems.
Publications By Gerald Cipolla Esq.
- Immigration Law Weekly (ILW) – July 14, 2015 Whether The Senate’s EB5 Proposal Will Make The US Investor Immigration Program Less Competitive Relative To Other Countries Investment Immigration Program
- CSiliconindia – Business & Technology Magazine February 2014 Issue Whether an E2 or L1 Capital Investment May be Applied to an EB-5 Green Card?
- Chicago Chinese News 2008-2009 Weekly columnist on latest development of immigration law (in Chinese).
In the Media
- 4/17/2018 Interviewed by franchisetimes.com and commented on a pending EB-5 franchise litigation.
- 9/28/2017 Guest speaker for La Mega 1500 AM Radio program – Latest developments on DACA and Dream Act for undocumented individuals.
- 5/5/2017 Guest Speaker for EB5Projects.com – “The future of the EB-5 Regional Center Program”.
- 3/2017 Daily Herald Newspaper
- 2/17/2017 Guest Speaker for EB5Projects.com – “Issues in the immigration industries”.
- 4/5/2015 The DePaulia – Foreign-born DePaul students seek to stay in country post-graduation.
- 2/25/2015 Northwestern University – Medill News Reports – Republican “win” on stopping immigration action might backfire in next year’s election.
- CSiliconindia – Business & Technology Magazine February 2014 Issue Whether an E2 or L1 Capital Investment May be Applied to an EB-5 Green Card
- 10/30/2013 by The National Law Review – The Road to Citizenship under Border Security, Economic Opportunity & Immigration Modernization Act (s.744).
- Singtao Daily 2008 Featured Chicago immigration lawyer (in Chinese).
- 7/8/2018 Holy Trinity Church – International Students Group
- 4/19/2017 Illinois Institute of Technology – International Student Group – Educated international students regarding employment and investment based immigration options and F1 student status compliance.
- 3/2/2015 DePaul University – Kellstadt Marketing Group International Students Event – Invited Panelist as Immigration lawyer to advise international students on immigration options upon college graduation.
- 1/22/2014 DePaul University – International Student Forum – “Best strategies regarding finding a job in the United States”. Invited Panelist as Immigration lawyer to educate undergraduate and graduate students to share our prospectives regarding working/immigration options in the U.S.
- 6/2009 University of Wisconsin Madison – International Student Group – Educated undergraduate and graduate students regarding employment based visas and other student issues.