Adjustment of Status through Marriage
Chicago Adjustment of Status through Marriage Immigration Lawyers
Adjustment of Status through marriage is an immigration process that leads to permanent residence status (green card) through marriage to a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. It is an immigration option if you are in the U.S. and wish to apply for a green card without leaving the country.
How to get a Marriage Green Card in United States
- Foreign national who are married to a U.S citizen (in some cases a lawful permanent resident); and
- physically present in the United States; and
- were inspected and admitted or inspected and paroled into the United States; and
- have a pending or approved immigrant visa such as an I-130 petitioned by your spouse;
- are admissible to the U.S or inadmissible but eligible for an inadmissibility waiver or other forms of reliefs such as a U visa or VAWA.
Potential Adjustment of Status Issues for Marriage Green Card
There are many potential issues affecting eligibility to adjust status including:
- Preconceived Intent Issues
- Medical Issues
- Criminal & Conviction Issues
- Inspection Issues
- Moral Turpitude Issues
- Overstay and Unlawful Presence
- Fraud Issues
Can I still adjustment my status via marriage if I overstay my visa?
Benefits of Adjustment of Status within the United States
- You do not have to depart the U.S. while waiting for your immigrant visa.
- Processing time is often faster than going through the consular processing with the overseas consulate.
- You are eligible to apply for a work authorization card while your adjustment of status petition is pending, allowing you to work within the U.S. legally.
Chicago Adjustment of Status through Marriage Lawyer
To obtain a permanent residence status (green card) through the adjustment of status process can be a complicated process, especially if there are detrimental personal or immigration history. If you are seeking for an experienced Chicago based immigration lawyer to guide and represent you and your spouse, please call (773) 687-0549 or contact Cipolla Law Group online for a consultation. We have over 30 years of collective experience helping foreign nationals to live legally in the United States. Our immigration attorneys speak Spanish, Italian, Chinese, French and Portuguese. We’re ready to assist you!