Are you passionate about Immigration law and enjoy working in a dynamic, hard-working, result-oriented immigration law firm, while gaining invaluable specialized experience? At CIPOLLA LAW GROUP, we are passionate about helping immigrants achieve their goals and making a positive impact on their lives. We are currently recruiting the following positions.
Associate Attorney (Multiple Openings)
1023 W Webster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614
- Consult with and Advise clients about their family and business immigration options, legal requirements, issues, strategies, legal rights, and obligations.
- Evaluate clients’ admissibility and eligibility for the entry, extension, change, or adjustment of status.
- Conduct in-depth legal research on immigration law topics, including regulations, orders, policies, precedents, and other legal issues related to employment-based, investment-based, family-based, and humanitarian-based immigration law.
- Interpret immigration laws, regulations, policies, and precedents for clients, including individuals and businesses.
- Develop legal strategies based on legal research and clients’ immigration needs.
- Analyze Illinois State criminal law issues for immigration eligibility.
- Draft and review legal documents and opinions, including petition letters, response letters, memorandums, and legal briefs to analyze legal issues.
- Represent Clients in Immigration Courts and State Courts for immigration cases and Administrative Agency Proceedings.
- Attend Administrative Hearings and Court Proceedings.
- J.D. (Juris Doctor) degree (foreign educational equivalent is acceptable) plus 2 years of progressively responsible experience in occupations related to an Attorney.
- Experience as a lawyer outside of the United States is acceptable.
- Must have 2 years of experience (i) in conducting legal research; legal analysis of statutes, regulations, and court decisions; (ii) drafting of documents for clients; (iii) drafting legal documents filed with Courts or Government Administrative Agencies; (iv) in representing clients in courts; (v) with a legal case management system; (vi) with a digital legal research database such as Westlaw, Lexis or other legal research databases.
- Must be admitted to the Bar of Illinois and be in good standing.
If interested, please send resume to Cipolla Law Group at email@example.com.