Religious Workers: (R1 Visa, R2 Visa)
R1 Visa – Eligible ApplicantsR1 Visa is for a foreign national with a religious profession, occupation or vocation. These visas are available to a foreign national who:
- Has been a member of a religious denomination for the two years immediately preceding the time of R visa application and such religious denomination is a genuine not-for-profit organization realized in the United States; and
- To seeks to enter the United States for less than five years solely to carry on the activities of a religious worker.
R1 Visa Requirements – Qualified activities to be carried out by R1 Visa ApplicantsThe religious activities carried out by the Applicant must include at least one of the following:
- Solely to carry on the vocation of a minister of the religious denomination;
- To work for the religious organization at the request of the organization in a professional capacity;
- To work for the organization, or a bona fide organization which is affiliated with the religious denomination, at the request of the organization in a religious vocation or occupation.