What are the EB-5 Investor Visa Requirements?There are two ways of gaining green cards via the EB-5 Investor Program, also known as EB-5 Investor Visa or EB-5 Investor green card. The foreign national investor may either invest directly into a U.S. new commercial enterprise (Direct Investment) or into an approved project EB-5 regional center project (Regional Center). While both direct and regional center investments have several distinct requirements, they must fulfill the following EB-5 investor program basic requirements:
- Investment capital must be $1,000,000 or $500,000 if exception applies;
- The investment must be made into a new commercial enterprise
- Proving the funds come from a lawful source;
- Investment must be “at risks” and no guarantee of the return of funds can be given;
- The invested commercial enterprise must employ at least ten (10) full time workers who are either U.S. citizens, permanent residents or other qualified immigrants.
- The investment must be sustained throughout the conditional residency period.